Friday, February 26, 2010

Every dog has his day....

I decided to double up today since I’ve been out for a bit. My fans have been complaining that I’m not blogging enough (love you mommy). So here’s post number two for today.

In today’s society, pampering our pets has become much more prevalent. Since dogs and cats alike are now getting star treatment, it makes me wonder if they feel the same way we do. Do they get jealous, sad, envious, excited or depressed?

I was looking at Greta yesterday and it made me think, why don’t dogs have arm flab? When I hold up my arm and wave it back and forth, there’s enough flab to provide air circulation for a third world country. Why don’t animals have to suffer from this as well? Do dogs ever look in the mirror and with a deep sigh say “I really gotta cut out the people food”. Do they have to count the number of dog bits they take in each day?

Any dog can have a giant gut and 43 rolls but still have legs of steel. Why is this? Don’t say it’s because they walk around on all fours so that gives them muscle because I walk on two legs all day they are far from being steel like. Most dogs just lay around all day, shouldn’t this make them all fat? Do you think when a dog eats people scraps, they make a mental note to run 10 extra circles around the ottoman?

When Harley the cat is out roaming the neighborhood, do you think she looks at Scooter the cat and purrs, “Damn, I’d kill for those thighs” The thing is, Fluffy probably would actually kill Scooter over those thighs! I’ve decided that thigh-jealousy is what lies behind every cat fight.

I will say that there’s at least one good thing about being an animal (besides the MANY obvious reasons). They don’t have to worry about denim dips!!! All pet clothes are either made with Velcro or stretchy material. If Peaches is bloated, she can just adjust the strap a little (ok, her master has to adjust the strap since she doesn’t have opposable thumbs..sucker) or even better she can forego clothing altogether.

I have concluded that I shall return in my second life as a dog (watch out Harley, there’s a new cat in town and her name is Fluffy)!!

Meow,
Fluffy in Frisco

1 comment: