Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Less Fluffy....But Still Insane

Hello, my name is Fluffy and it’s been 3 months since my last confession…errr Bloggie.
As you can all see, I’m a little A.D.D. and I have problems sticking with ANYTHING (except eating…I’ve always been super good at that). My fascination with new “projects” is usually short lived but I’ve decided to turn over a new leaf! Rather than talk about the things that have changed over the last three months, I thought I would go over the things that haven’t.
-I’m still fluffy (although I will point out that I’ve lost 12 pounds since February!!! (High Fives and Jazz Fingers)
-I’m still struggling with my obsession with food (removing “deep fried” as an option would be quite helpful)
-I’m still trying to fit in to that teeny weenie bikini (alright…I’ll even settle for an old lady suit at this point)
-I’m still using the 30 day jump start book (although I’m currently using it as a bookend for all the other diet books/cookbooks I don’t use)
-and I’m still waiting for Jessica Simpson to accept my friend request on Facebook. (its been like 5 months and I’m really starting to take this personally!)

Moving on. I’ve made yet another donation to the weight loss industry (the third major donation for 2010. What can I say, I’m a giver). I purchased the Insanity DVD workouts. I was pretty excited when I initially ordered them. Of course that was mainly because I knew that it would take a couple weeks for the DVDs to make it over from China, thus further delaying my new project. I received them last Wednesday but didn’t start just yet. I wanted to make sure that they were fully acclimated to their new home.
Sunday was the big Day One! This involved doing a FIT test. I later realized that was actually an acronym for “Fluffy’s in Trouble”. After what I thought was 45 minutes, Shaun T said “ok, now we’re done with the warm-up”. WARM UP?!?!!? I already can’t feel my legs, my heart is about to beat out of my chest and I’m sweating in places that it should be illegal to sweat from! Deep breath in, deep breath out. Over the next 20 minutes I went through 8-10 exercises to determine my unFIT level. At one point in the workout, I took a break to go show my husband Will just how awesome I was for getting up and working out on a Sunday morning. He was quick to point out that it’s not “working out” if I’m in there talking to him. Minor detail.
I had to skip working out on Monday. I’ll blame work…yes it was work that kept me from it! I did, however, wake up at 5:40 this morning to do the first official workout. It was a little over 40 minutes long and definitely lived up to its name. It was INSANE. Shaun T said to work at my own pace so that’s just what I did. I don’t want to get burned out too early so I will admit that today involved a lot of marching in place. Although it’s safe to say that I still got an amazing workout. I was breathing heavily and sweating profusely. My legs hurt, my back hurts, my fingers hurt……my everything hurts!

2 days down, 58 days to go.

1 comment:

  1. Charla, you make me laugh. You are so good at this....no not the exercise part, at the writing part!! I'll look forward to your next blog...what in 2-3 months? Don't want to rush you.
    Didn't know that MOM2 was so sarcastic did you?
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete