Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1 day down, 29 to go

Day One is finally here! I woke up this morning with a new attitude and was ready to rock this challenge. Then there was a minor road block. It appears that someone…or something…snuck in to my closet and shrunk all my clothes. (clearly the only explanation) Black pants, nope can’t breathe. Khaki pants, nope and where did that roll come from? I couldn’t seem to find anything in my closet with an elastic waistband so gray pants it is (for the second time this week..but who’s counting).

I didn’t let that get me down. I got in my car and loaded the greatest pick me up song on to my IPhone. Then, at the top of my lungs I sang, “ I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN…YOU’RE NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN” For those of you that aren’t nearly as cool as I am, that’s Tub Thumping by Chumbawumba. (I hope that song is now stuck in your head) I didn’t stop there. I went on to jam out to Miley Cyrus. (Don’t act like you don’t love her. A little Hoedown Throwdown is good for the soul) Needless to say, I was in a great mood when I got to work!

My main focus today was to count calories. I’m allowed to have 1480 calories today. Which I must admit was roughly what I ate for lunch yesterday. Thank goodness for new beginnings! To help me keep track of this (and to hold me accountable) I wrote down every last thing I put in my mouth. With that being said, I pose a question, “If you don’t write it down, does that mean you never ate it?” Deep, huh?

I also focused on being more active. I took the stairs, parked far away, and had to walk approximately 15 steps each time I printed something (yes, I counted). Who cares that I’m wearing heels and my little toe is only moments away from self amputation! It’s for a good cause…ME! (RIP…Little Piggy)

Bottom line….I made it through the day. I only thought about quitting….twice, well, maybe three times.

And so I leave you today with a quote from THE Miley Cyrus.
“Nothing’s ever out of reach, so dream dream DREAM!”

Still alive,
Fluffy in Frisco

No comments:

Post a Comment