Friday, February 26, 2010

Perception is Reality

It seems that I go missing for a few days every once in while from Blog World. I think writers refer to this as writer’s block. I, of course, suffer from something much more serious…..laziness. Good thing I’m pretty! Today I want to talk about Perception. How we perceive ourselves as well as how others perceive us.

I took a stroll down Memory Lane and remembered a time that a lady called me a “hot mess”. With a big smile on my face I did a massive hair flip and said “THANKS”. She was very quick to let me know that wasn’t a compliment. I was sad for a moment but then realized that I shouldn’t be disheartened by a woman with a full mustache and more hair on her legs than should EVER be allowed. Just think of all the blankets that could be woven from that! (ok..don’t. that’s a little gross)

That made me realize that sometimes other people don’t think we’re nearly as good looking as we do and that also means that many people think we are much better looking than we see ourselves. Oh what a tangled web we weave. (yep…still thinkin’ about those blankets) As many of you know by now, not only am I a quirky gal but I also have quite the random thought path. With that being said, the above thought path brought me to this: Who would play me in the movie of my life??

Now, I’m not saying that I’m the most beautiful woman in the world, but I also don’t think that I necessarily make people want to vomit. I need someone that’s quirky, funny, (kinda) fashionable and quite frankly a joy to be around (that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it). Well, I held tryouts in my head and decided that I should be played by (drum roll please) Khloe Kardashian. I know you might be thinking that I’ve been tossing back a few too many adult beverages but try to follow along here. If you were to make her shorter, cut her hair, add about 30 pounds, take away the fame, fortune, expensive fashion, giant house, basketball player husband and put glasses on her…we’re practically twins!!!! Dream big people…dream big!!!

Sadly, I don’t think she’d be the one they’d cast. Again, today is about perception. I perceive myself as Khloe Kardashian (kinda..sorta…not really). How do others perceive me???? Yep, you got it! Rosie O’Donnell. Not Rosie O’Donnell today of course but definitely Rosie O’Donnell in A League of Their Own. (Rosie, if you’re reading this I think you’re awesome….not so much sexy or beautiful….but definitely neat-o)

And now I’m sad.

And now I’m hungry.

Life can be a real b*tch sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment