Monday, February 8, 2010

Research...

Will's working late so I decided to get a head start on my "jump start". I put on my favorite pair of spandex workout pants (we'll have the spandex talk another day) and put in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader Boot Camp video. I then did what any motivated person on the cusp of a new journey would do............I curled up on the couch with Greta and a glass of wine and settled in for an hour worth of "research".

And so, for the next 30 minutes, I judged. These girls are too skinny, too tall, too short, too pretty, too blonde, too chipper, and entirely too limber.....the list went on and on.

Until that moment when I saw it. Right there in front of me....a FLAW!!!

As a small tear of happiness welled up in my eye, I could only assume this was how Columbus felt when he discovered America! Could it be? Could this symbol of greatness and perfection actually have cellulite??????

Greta and I decided to go in for a closer look. Rewind....pause. I was so close to the screen that this poor, unknowing cheerleader could probably file harassment charges against me. And so Greta and I looked at each other, with hope in our hearts. Ok, so she was hoping I'd give her another treat...but you get the picture.

But just as quickly as my excitement grew, it all came crashing down. Much to my dismay, it wasn't cellulite at all. It was, in fact, splotches of dust on my TV screen. Now not only does this further prove that they are actually deserving of the title "America's Sweethearts" but now I need to dust. :(

With my tail between my legs, I stopped the video and went to the kitchen.

I'm gonna need some more wine for this.......


There's always tomorrow!! (and always a chance these cheerleader's metabolism will catch up with them.)

A girl can dream.
Fluffy in Frisco

No comments:

Post a Comment